The Adams County Board of DD has the same goals and good intentions for your child, ward, or friend as you have.  However, should you have a complaint or problem; we have a Grievance Procedure and an Administrative Resolution of Complaints.  There is also Medicaid Due Process for those conflicts regarding Medicaid.  These policies and procedures are available for you to review upon request.

  1. In a dispute of any kind, the first step to take to call the Superintendent to ask for an informal hearing to help resolve the issue.  I may appoint one of the administrative staff to conduct the hearing if it involves his/her department.  If you need to speak to me informally at any time, call 937-544-2574, ext. 25.
  2. You also have the right to file an Administrative Resolution of Complaints through the Superintendent.  Please put you request in writing, or if that is difficult, through a telephone call to me.  You may be assisted by an advocate who may speak on behalf of the individual, at the individual’s request.  My designee and/or I will conduct an investigation within ten calendar days of receipt of the request.
  3. After all steps of the Administrative Review have been taken and you are still not satisfied, you may make a written appeal within ten days to the President of the Adams County Board of DD.  Please address your written appeal to:  Board President, Adams County Board of DD,  P.O. Box 157, West Union, Ohio, 45693.